Here are some tips for cable show hosts.
- Think about a conclusion that your rabid followers will want to hear.
- Make sure that this conclusion reinforces their preconceived notions.
- Start your discussion by listing some “facts” that will lead your followers to your conclusion. It doesn’t make any difference if the “facts” you use are true or not. Just “make ‘em up” if you need to!
- Draw your conclusion – the one that will support what your followers want to hear and believe.
- Your followers will be happy and tell all their friends what they heard!
Of course, this is a totally invalid way to use logic – it is NOT “Critical thinking,” but who cares?
Your followers will believe you and their preconceived notions will be reinforced.
And your ratings will go up!